The Back Room

Welcome to The Back Room! Step in, read, write and link with other sites that focus on the Bush Administration, their lies and our demand for the truth. The Back Room was created over many dinners, glasses of wine and "pints" of frustration over where our country is headed. We need more voices, your voices,to help us uncover and reclaim our democracy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Dynamic Duo of Idiocy

"Oh, why oh, why," I mutter as I rub my temples. ""Must I torture myself everynight? Let my blood pressure rise higher than the deficit?". I asked myself these and other questions as I watch "The Factor" on Fox News. Last night was especially painful as Newt Ginrich appeared with the show's host, Bill O'Reilly. They've been joined at the hip lately, two right-wing, big mouthed, "holier than thou" white men with a republican agenda to spread.

In last night's display of blind ranting, the two almost gleefully talked about the riots in France and other European countries. The Fox airwaves are filled with O'Reilly's premise that this is happening to Parisans because they didn't invade Iraq with the U.S. and now they are getting their "up and comings". O'Reilly contradicts himself from a previous show where he talks about the border problem in America (another issue that he beats like a dead horse) when he said that unlike France, America has jobs for it's illegal aliens and so we've "intergrated". In the next breath, he is shouting that if we don't shut down the border between Mexico and America, riots like in France are soon to follow....

Newt jumps in the fight (the two all mighty whiteys patting each other on the back and doing god knows what else under their desks) lining his path to racism with a long speech of chants that if you live in America, you must act like an American. What does this mean, Newt? Do immigrants give up their native language, their food, their values when they cross into United States of Bill and Newt? I shutter to think what they envision but I realize that Bush's White House thinks the same way and the America that I love has suffered many injuries already.

I had to flip to CNN in the middle of Newt, not being able to take anymore. "The Factor" is to this liberal what kryptonite is to Superman . Team Idiot strikes again. Until next time, keep your hybrid batmobile running smoothly and try to find Wonder Woman (we need her lasso for Scooter).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home